Sunday 12 August 2018

Sunday Stitch School - Revision: Stitches 66 - 70

After a week's holiday from blogging, here is the revision of the most recent five stitches of Sunday Stitch School.

To see the instructions and read previous blog posts, click on the heading for each stitch.

66 Berwick Stitch
It looks like Buttonhole Stitch with a knot on the base line, doesn't it? Why not try it out?

67 Fishbone Stitch
This is flatter than the Raised Fishbone Stitch (#61) and is worked from top to bottom. It is a great stitch for leaves.

68 Scottish Cretan Stitch
Make three Cretan stitches in a row, string them up and make another. Great fun and fantastic results. This stitch is easy, but looks complicated.

69 Point Russe Stitch
This is a great base stitch on which you can add a lot of other stitches, or use for needle weaving. It is really worth trying it out and let your creativity inspire you.


70 Puffy Couching
There are several ways to couch down a thread, ribbon or string. For thin fluffy yarn, this method makes a nice bubbly line.

Homework:
Well, homework is set for every Japanese child during the summer holiday, so why not join them. Sunbonnet Sue is taking part in her own way, have a look on Friday.

18 comments:

Julie Fukuda said...

I think it's going to take a whole week to recover from last week. At least you got something done while I was zoning out.

Queeniepatch said...

I was too busy and distracted to come up with a theme for the Sunbonnet Sue until yesterday. Now I hope to be back to sewing and blogging.

Rachel said...

You have an interesting selection of stitches to use there! Looking forward to seeing this Sunbonnet Sue!

Queeniepatch said...

I haven't got a good linear stitch this time, should I try to use a thin line of Berwick Stitch, or cheat and use Stem Stitch? I have plans for the other stitches.

FlashinScissors said...

I like the sneaky peek! Tee hee!
Can’t wait ...... Friday, that’ll be a long week!
I always love to see what you make with the stitches.
Hugs,
Barbara xx

Renee said...

As always, your stitching is beautiful! I love the fluffy couch stitching. Wonderful!

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

I like the knotted look of the buttonhole stitch. It's back to Rainbonnet Ruth here!

Janie said...

The intended stitches are now listed!
And you have the theme in mind, yes, I'll stop
in to see what new adventure Sue is up to.

Pamela said...

Great review! The weather has been so terribly hot. I hope you have a cool place to stitch.

Queeniepatch said...

I hope it will be a long week - long enough to finish the homework!
You can already see three of the stitches on the sketch, but where on the design are they, and what is Sue doing!?

Queeniepatch said...

Yes, the Puffed Couching is attractive, but you need a fluffy thread/yarn to make it shine.

Queeniepatch said...

In Japan Sue and Ruth are playing with each others sun and rain bonnets. Sue in my picture is not affected by the weather.

Queeniepatch said...

I would not call it an 'adventure' but Sue is busy.

Queeniepatch said...

I have only a coolish place, but usually stitch late at night when it is slightly cooler. Have a good cool holiday!

crazyQstitcher said...

Lovely stitch samples and bright thread choices.Can't wait to see Sue later this week. I hope the weather improves for you.

carorose said...

I wonder what Sunbonnet Sue will look like this week? Just have to wait and see.

Queeniepatch said...

Thank you, it has cooled down a bit but the humidity is up. Hope to have energy to stitch tonight.

Queeniepatch said...

I hope she will be ready to show up for Friday Revision Homework.