project to report on.
Last week I had got this far on my sampler.
Since then I have made some of the slits with fabric inserted.
These long ones were easy.
With the triangles and squares I hit a problem; the pieces I inserted were a bit too scant, and as I also failed to place them exactly underneath the holes, raw edges peeped out!
From now on I will be using a pair of pointed tweezers to place the pieces correctly and hold them in place with a pin until the first edge is sewn down.
I also noticed that the fabric frays too much so I will opt for as much batik as possible for this project.
For the top layer, though, I will use the remains of the black sheeting I used to back Trinity Green, but I will fix the edges with fray guard at tricky points.
I polished the design sketch, made some notes
and marked the black top,
then basted the three layers together.