quilt of small green triangles is completed.
This project started in the middle of April last year, so has taken one year and five months.
The point with this quilt was to use up all my green stash, but I also got a lot of extra pieces from friends near and far. THANK YOU!
In total 9.234 small triangles were cut and pieced on paper strips. These were joined together into long 'snakes',
then sandwiched with long strips of green 'pasta'.
Once the whole quilt flimsy was assembled, the paper backing had to be ripped off.
The quilt was then sandwiched and basted, and quilted in the ditch
With the aid of a walking foot and one of the fancy stitches of the sewing machine, the 'pasta' sashing was quilted with 'snails' or 'waves'. In spite of that 'aid' the snails slid hither and dither, and the waves ruled the sea. What I want to say is that the quilting was hard work!
Finally I put on a binding and quilted it with the same stitch.
I took the easy way out and did not mitre the corners, but I did put on a hanging sleeve.
Here Trinity Green is hanging by the daybed.
On the bed it has a nice overhang.
The variety of green hues changes with the light of the day. Overcast skies in the afternoon in the pictures above and
with hazy evening sun in the picture below.
A clever graphic designer once commented on Trinity Green: 'the finished thing is bound to be stunning-like emeralds scattered on a bed! '
That was just what I saw in the morning sunlight on this wonderful Wednesday, when I can finally say,
Trinity Green is Finished.
To all my friends and followers, Thank You. I am so grateful for your support and encouragement during these 17months.