Tuesday 19 September 2017

TAST 145: Whipped Chain Stitch Version 1

Now that the Trinity Green quilt is off my hands I will catch up on some TAST stitches I have not had time to work yet.

TAST stands for Take A Stitch Tuesday which is an online course of stitches on Sharon Boggon's Pintangle. Join in and learn. If you want to do it from scratch, there will be a rerun starting next year.
Read more about it here.

As I have explained before, I want all the TAST stitches in one (private) collection and will give them the chronological number in the order I learn them.

It is time for Whipped Chain Stitch, Version 1, which I will call TAST #145.
Simply whip a row of Chain Stitch!



I added this chain in the last box of my TAST Reference chart
and will have to make a new chart as well as labels for them. WIPW work!

14 comments:

margaret said...

good to see you are catching up on tast, it is on the never ending to do list for me too

Rachel said...

It's a very useful stitch, and you can vary the effect considerably by careful choice of the threads you use...

Queeniepatch said...

It will take some time to do, but I can already feel the satisfaction of having it done!

Queeniepatch said...

Yes, it is easy and useful, but version 2, which I will show next Tuesday, is much more beautiful with its 'knitted' look.

Pamela said...

Nice combinations with this stitch. I was doing TAST for quite awhile, but the numbers changed and it became more difficult to keep up.

Julie Fukuda said...

It looks almost like a braid.

Queeniepatch said...

I agree. TAST has run many times and each time the stitches are presented in a different order. That is why I have given any 'newcomers' my own consecutive number.

Queeniepatch said...

Yes, it does, doesn't it? Wait for the stitch next week and you will have even more of a braid.

Janie said...

Whipped chain stitch is a beautiful stitch with endless possibilities.
You're on a roll!

crazyQstitcher said...

I don't think I've done Whipped chain stitch. I've done the double version. Waiting now to see your next week's entry. Nice samples and the stitch curves nicely too.

Queeniepatch said...

The great thing with whipped stitches is that you can use fancy yarn!

Queeniepatch said...

I have done some other whipped stitches but this is the first chain version. The double one becomes even more of a braid.

Annet said...

This stitch looks great with the shiny thread!

Queeniepatch said...

When a second thread is used and does not penetrate the fabric, ANY fancy thread can be used to great effect. Yes, this is perfect place to use metallic thread that so easily frays.