Tuesday 28 February 2017

TAST - #142 Interlaced Cable Chain Stitch

Take A Stitch Tuesday.
It is a weekly stitch event at Pintangle. Sharon teaches you the stitch, you work it and share the result on your blog (or somewhere else on the internet). You can read all about it here.

I am still catching up on the stitches I have missed, as well as giving them new numbers that fit into my stitch collection.

This stitch is the one I will number as 142. It is called Interlaced Cable Chain Stitch and you can learn it here from Pintangle.


On my TAST Reference Chart:
I found it a bit difficult to made the laced stitches sit evenly, Sharon of Pintangle makes them even and nice.
I must admit I'm not too fond of this stitch....

10 comments:

margaret said...

every week when Sharon posts a stitch I write it in my book and say now Margaret you really must catch up on these !! I will one day

Pamela said...

I haven't checked out the instructions yet, but this one does look difficult.

Queeniepatch said...

Don't let TAST or any other challenge/course/event stress you out. I want to add these to my collection to use at a later date on a project.

Queeniepatch said...

I don't think it is difficult but you need to find the right tension and maybe check which thread sticks best to the foundation Cable Chain stitch.

FlashinScissors said...

I saw this one on Sharon's post, and thought it looked a nice stitch to try, but the instructions looked complicated to me!
I think I should be making a list of the stitches, like Margaret is, then I might remember the stitches I'd like to use some day!
Smiles!
Barbara x

Queeniepatch said...

Dear Barbara,
remember that if you ever need a stitch, go straight to Sharon's Stitch Dictionary at Pintangle and you have a wealth of stitches to choose from.
I think the key to this stitch is in the tension you put on the lacing. Also if the thread has a bit of fluffiness so the fibers hook onto the thread in the Cable Chain foundation stitches the laced thread will sit nicely. I wonder how it would look in wool or chenille.....?

Renee said...

This one always feels tricky to me. I do love seeing your examples!

Queeniepatch said...

I need more practice on this one!

Annet said...

O dear, you just reminded me of a stitch I skipped! I think you did very well. I'm not a fan of interlaced stitches, I just finished my fancy herringbone stitch and didn't like it. But I will share it on my blog soon.

Queeniepatch said...

I find that in laced stitches you really need to get a thread that 'hooks onto' the base thread, wool e.g. with its multitude of 'hooky' fibres. Then the lacing thread will stay put, but it might not look too good, being all fluffy....