Inserting the bag's body and lining into the groove of the purse frame was not as difficult as I had thought. The piece of white plastic (see last week's post) I started out using was helpful, but a dining knife was even better.
Next I made the 'kavelfrans' or napped edging. I have made this 'wooly worm' differently in the past, this time I wanted to speed things up by using the sewing machine.
First I made holes in two pieces of stiff cardboard, inserted two bamboo skewers and wrapped them with wool.
It was then time to stitch the sides and bottom of the bag together with the edging in between.
Construction was easier and quicker than I had thought, and I am rather pleased with the result.
Next step will be to make a cord with the 'slynggaffel', or lucet in English. This black yarn is a bit too fine, I might have to make the cord in a different colour...