On Thursday January 23rd, the 13th Tokyo International Great Quilt Festival will open at Tokyo Dome. I will report from the event and hope to share a lot of great quilts.
This is what the Japanese programme flyer looks like:
As a piece of side info, there is actually a Moomin bakery and cafe in the Tokyo Dome City complex. You can read about it here.
- The quilt contest with stunning quilts, of course
- Lots of traders
- The works of 60 famous (Japanese) quilters
- Shizuko Kuroha on what textile has taught her. She is famous for her beautiful blue quilts; you can see her quilting in the picture above.
- Five famous quilters share how they 'play with fabric'.
- The Partnership charity quilts (The Language of Flowers)
- Swedish Antique Wool Embroidery
Live TV broadcast
NHK will broadcast life from the quilt show on
Saturday 25th, 2.30 - 3.15 pm on channel BS Premium 103
NHK's craft programme Sutekini Handmade will feature Swedish Wool Embroidery (pin cushion, I think) on
Thursday 23rd, 9.30 - 9.55 pm on channel 3