Saturday 30 March 2013

TAST design challenge, or disqualified?

For the first TAST design challenge of the year, Sharon of Pintangle, suggested we made something with four of these stitches:

Herringbone Square
Laced Herringbone Square
Back Stitch
Straight Stitch
Chain Stitch
Detached Chain Stitch
French Knot

After I had made the Crown of Thorn with the Breton Stitch, I thought I'd make another crown for the TAST design challenge. This one with gold, gem stones, pearls and all the works:





I used purple (royal, you know) velveteen and Herringbone Squares, Laced Herringbone Squares, Chain Stitch, Detached Chain Stitch and French Knots for the precious metal and stones.

Then I started thinking, (a bit late, eh?): 'Wait a moment, Sharon said FOUR stitches and I have used FIVE'.

I left school a long time ago, but obviously I have not learned to read yet!!! So I am disqualified from the start, sigh!













The Crown of Fools

16 comments:

Chris(craft) and Dave(photos) Richards said...

Queenie, your crown is stunning and what an original idea......I would still enter it and apologize for the mistake !
I'm sure many people would love to see it ......
hugs
Chris Richards
xxxxx

Pippas quilts said...

Lets say 4 + brilliant crown.

Mrs. B. said...

This crown is lovely! Such a shame it doesn't qualify. Maybe Sharon won't notice how many stitches you've used.

carorose said...

She does say four. I can only see four the other one was just to complete the design. Which I love.

margaret said...

I am sure you can enter, you have an added bonus with 5 stitches. He is Risen, He is Risen indeed Alleluia.

Debbie said...

Oh, I love what you did, Queenie! So creative! I say it's at least four of the stitches. I couldn't be limited. I wish I was keeping up this year, I'm so behind.

Marjolein said...

You made a very nice crown. I'm pretty sure Sharon isn't that strict ;-)

brighid said...

I love it. And lets say the french knots stand for beads and replace them so they are not really the fifth stitches?

Isabelle said...

what a lovely work. your crown is very expressive. I think the fact you used five stitch instead four is not important. what is important is than you enjoyed when you stitch it.

Claudia said...

Four or five stitches - your crown is gorgeous! Great idea and as always so beautifully executed.

Annet said...

Your crown is gorgeous! A nice entry for the design challenge, who's counting the stitches!

latha said...

Excellent work queenie !!!! I dont think you will be disqualified for the extra one stitch and sure hope this will come 1st on sharon's highlight. Love the design and work. Very creative.

Anonymous said...

You have done a beautiful job, it shows lots of imagination, I like it very much.

JennyPennyPoppy said...

Simply fabulously!!! The design and threads and stitching all look wonderful! Looking forward to seeing what you'll do with Sharon's Sumptuous Surface Embroidery class.

Lins Artyblobs said...

Fit for a Queen!

Stitching Lady said...

I found your crown by chance, what a beautiful creation - and lovely text. Makes me smile!